From The Bard's Pen
What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
I was surrounded by clouds
of prayers, wishes, hopes and requests
Money, success, love, health
All formed a halo of materiality
and in the human cloud of want
I felt lost...
Suddenly I blinked
Someone down there on Earth
had asked for ‘Nothing’ as her birthday gift
I looked closely
and found her kneeling in prayer
with tears in her eyes.
She said, “You have taken my all...
Now give me nothing, nothing at all.
If I have anything ......anything I hold dear
with it there would be happiness
but also a dark fear
A fear of too many smiles
that could be lost anytime
So give me nothing, nothing my lord
That is my wish this time”
Speechless, I just wondered
and saw her sorrow unwind
A spirit broken by hardship
and cruelty of time
Clueless, unsure of what to do
I’m searching all the time
What can I really give
to this favourite child of mine?
Friday, January 8, 2010
* My wildest dream is to GIVE an autograph to Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar.
* Become an International bestselling author overnight and get a fortune like Rowling (Just a Harry Potter of my own!!)
* Write something ‘ORIGINAL’ on Shakespeare.
* Live in a “BABY FREE “world! God, Is that asking for too much?? The three monsters at home prove everyday that Bush was looking for WMD’s in the wrong place.
* Kiss Johnny Depp. (I did say WILDEST DREAMS!!)
*Be a guest at OPRAH for achieving any of the above.
* Backpack around the world (When someone else is paying for it,
*Adopt Grandparents. (God knows, I could do with some adult supervision)
*Get a Tree of my own. With a bench to go along with it. (something like Notting Hill.. Where is my Hugh Grant?? Even Ronan Keating would do!)
*Find my Rhett Butler (Usually known/ referred to as soul mate in common man’s vocab)
*Increase the no. of fans on orkut. Figure out the bribes to be given.
*Get Juno, the __________ to address me as ‘maasi’ and give her a makeover. She is too much of a tomboy!!
*Write the sequel to ‘Kubla Khan’. (Without the help of prescribed drugs)
* Get a waist like Scarlett O’Hara. (For the uninformed, it was 16 inches only)
* Set up my own band aid factory or something since I’m the biggest consumer of the product. I promise to give discounts to all those who are in my fan list at Orkut and to those who praise my poetry at AP.
* Grow Nails.
* Get married to a real prince. Then ‘WE’ would see all the above coming true. Imagine ‘WE’ would have:
- Film stars asking for ‘Our’ autograph
- Oprah fawning over ‘us’
- Publishers dying to publish ‘Our’ biography/ story/ poetry
- Shakespeare himself coming back from the grave to write ‘Our’ thesis on his plays. He would be original, ‘WE’ think. Watsay?
- Juno accepting that ‘We’ are the real royals
- ‘We’ would own several acres full of trees
- Johnny Depp would... well.... ummm.. Let’s not create a royal scandal!!
So people... there is still time for you. Count your blessings that you still have the chance to do something meaningful in life. You are getting a chance to be friends with ‘Us”.
Bless All!! Gotta practice the royal protocol. Happy New Year!