From The Bard's Pen
What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
1) To begin with...... I’m often found mumbling incoherently...muttering to myself...... often breaking into weird smiles and occasional bursts of laughter!! WHAT PEOPLE FAIL TO REALISE IS THAT :
a) I may be conversing with myself....... or better still I may be conversing with God.. DIVINE CONVERSATIONS...
b) I may be recollecting some funny incident/ line/ conversation I might have read/ encountered earlier in the day..
c) I might be in the midst of composing a poem or concocting a make believe scenario with me getting to say all the witty, funny lines..
d) I could be day dreaming of participating in a karaoke/ talent hunt competition..(of what nature exactly .... don’t ask me!!). where I win.. OBVIOUSLY!!!! (Dude if I DO NOT win even in MY imagination. then there’s something wrong)
2) MY ORIGINAL DRESSING SENSE- Ok... so some people might consider it weird but WHAT THE HECK!! I call it my “scholarly garb”..... something that makes me blend in perfectly well with the library walls all over the city... at times I wear all black stuff for days to avoid the pains of matching or mismatching... . there’s a wonderful thrill in wearing mismatching clothes.... in knowing you look like a weirdo.. Kurtas + Jeans+ colorful socks+ floaters + a big bag + oily hair + eyes seeped in kohl.. does make me look like a nutcase..
3) My idea of an excellent day is one spent in a library/ bookshop....... ALWAYS!!!
4) M someone who takes a rickshaw when I go for walk......... hell I’m supposed to be walking AND I do that when I reach the park......
5) I prefer Mohabbatein over DDLJ.. . BIG DEAL!!
6) I LIKE STUDYING.......... SHAKESPEARE.
7) I have a quote for every occasion.... and usually they make sense only to me...I tell you people do not take kindly to geniuses...
8) I often travel to my college which is like two and a half hours away...... just to eat a plate of Chicken Biryani....
9) One of the sports I follow passionately is WWE : both RAW and SMACKDOWN
10) I hate Babies...... abhor them from every angle.. I am a certified, compulsive Babybeater.. and I suffer from an acute case of BABYPHOBIA... no wonder kids in my own family run away from me..
11) I’m a drawing room, street side.. road singer..... I sing ( which many describe as croaking!!) and I do dat whenever and wherever I feel like........ even if it looks a bit silly to people ....imagine someone with the above described attire singing or rather croaking at full volume..
12) Whenever I go to shop, I head straight for the men’s section... not to shop for my dad, or bro or cousins.. BUT for myself........ Needless to say I borrow clothes from my brother all the time... THIS when I have two sisters...
13) And finally.... The last but not the least cause of my eccentricity is my ever varying expressions which I use without a care of being labeled a plagiarist.... From my urdu fetish of saying “takhliyaa” to the two kiddos who ran out from the room scared like hell, fearing that I had finally lost it, to my mumbling of Potter’s “Expecto Patronum” instead of saying “God please help me!!” “Carpe diem”, “Slumming It out”...”Suspending disbelief”... “whatevaaa!!!!”........ all jumbled versions used by me efficiently enough to justify my eccentricity...
And you know what.. today is Friday the 13th.... the timing is sooooo apt. Watsay??
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Well recovering from Chicken Pox I never thought taking life easy could be such a pain in the *&^% . Having your meals served in bed... meals meaning boiled food devoid of spices... just plain, boiled veggies... yuckkk.. and me just craves for a good dose of Chicken Biryani.. sigh!! I have been catching up on my reading and how!!! Every single book that had been bought from book fairs and Darya Ganj and that were piling up everywhere..I devoured them.. Agatha Christies, fat historical romances, Princess Diaries part X, Almost Single, another book by Cecilia Ahern, a victorian romance, In Memoriam by Tennyson, fragments of ghazals by Faiz, and my own Juvenilia.... phew!! hard work indeed..
The first thing a friend did after being told that I have Chicken Pox was sending me an sms saying......"O you poor thing!! you will spend the valentine in bed!!" AS IF!! Honestly its good to have an excuse to not go out of home.. not having to justify your single status to people who stare disbelievingly at you.. not having to explain the reasons behind your heartbreaking poetry.. :P. AND I SUCK AT LYING!!!!! boo hoo hoo..... i wanna go out and celebrate.. well usually every year its me and my best buddy Ranjana who go out together and just roam around, shop or just eat. Its fun having a plan atleast for the day... buying gifts for ourselves, gorging on hot chocolate fudge or just chilling out in CCD.... sitting in Central Park, browsing at the book stores or libraries is our idea of celebration.. we do things that make us happy... sounds like the sensible thing to do.. WHICH I WILL NOT BE DOING THIS YEAR!! :(
I will be online I guess.... reading poems, surfing sites, reading ebooks, chatting.... celebrating my Spotted Valentine..!!
I don’t use makeup on my face
I’d rather wear my old sweatshirt
Than silly frills and lace
I can’t strut around in high heels
I can’t bat my lashes at you
I can’t pretend to understand rock music
When I sing better than they do
I wud rather watch a cricket match
Or dance out there in the rain
Or curl up wid a good old book
That makes some use of brains
I know I’m not size zero
So wat if I’m a bit on the bigger side
I wud rather eat wat I spend on
I’m allergic to every type of diet.
I cry smtimes for no reason at all
Just as I laugh, frown and smile
And I need to be told that I am loved
Everyday, daily, all d time
M not difficult to understand
M not stupid or vain
I don’t pretend to b intelligent
Coz all others pretend d same
I hv had my share of crushes
Not much but a fling or two
A kiss, a hug.....here and there
Now I wish it had been you..
I use swear words that cud make u blush
I’m mean and bitchy in a fight
But if u cry I’ll hug u close
And kiss to make all alright
I know I am too different
From the clones who roam out there
Its dis difference that is the real me
That I hope u wud want to share
Coz m not ur type as they all tell me
M not ur type at all
But since wen hv types ever mattered
When its hearts that r involved…………….
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Scholar of the Bard.....
I am a scholar of the Bard
and believe me its hard
to understand the workings of a mind
to whom many have been not kind
O Bard!! Bless me as i start
On the journey to discover you from start..
I face the jeers, the sly glances
of those who havent been given these chances..
Here are my words.. mark them well..
when the tidings become more swell
I will with my words make history..