From The Bard's Pen

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

- Hamlet

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I too had a love story!!



The story I am talking about is not mine.. I too had a love story is the title of a book I had the pleasure of reading last month. It was Christmas day.. browsing through stuff at Janpath, I told my sister that I wanted a book as a gift..and though she was grumbling quite a lot, she accompanied me to the book store.. i randomly picked up this book with a white cover.. flipped it over to read the story brief and after a bit of dilly dallying.. bought it. And kept it in the book cupboard where it gathered dust for ten days.. One fine day someone asked to borrow a book and I picked this book and handed it to them.. When it was returned, out of sheer curiosity I thought I would read a few pages.. But I was wrong. I had my viva in a couple of days yet I had no care for that.. I was hooked.. it was a tale told with simplicity, a kind of love that is unimaginable... I was laughing, smiling, crying.. and I guess a part of my heart got broken too at the end.. :(

Ravin's love story is touching because there is no effort in it to impress the reader with lofty words or expressions.. there are moments we all can connect with.. the pleasure of having late night phone conversations, little fights, smiles, especially the moments of first meeting.. It is a true story but I do not know what else to call it coz for me it came as a story.. something that has made me appreciate whatever I have in life, the value of time itself... I have been guilty of using this quotation often:
I hold it true watever befall

I feel it when I sorrow most

Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all..

But I would not do the same here.. Coz the reading has made me question many things including the emptiness of words and promises.. words do not really soothe or make you feel any better...

I recommend this book to all who have been in love ever.. who have lost their loved ones and those who are cynical of the concept of love..


Not everyone in this world has the fate to cherish the fullest form of love.
Some are born, just to experience the abbreviation of it.

14 comments:

  1. nice, might buy this book on my next trip to janpath perhaps. [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Dear, smtyms d feeling of "being loved" overcms d feeling of "hvng lost" n leavs a smile on ur face, which is indeed needed at many atyms!

    Wud luv 2 read it 4 sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shagun...do read d book.. :)

    Neha.. u can borrow my copy:).. fringe benrfit of commenting here.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. evry body in this world would want to have a life partner like khushi.But as old saying goes man proposes got disposes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not everyone in this world has the fate to cherish the fullest form of love.
    Some are born, just to experience the abbreviation of it.

    Nice lines:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. all i can say is that i will never be able to forget this book...and also that i will never be able to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a lovely book...i read it,re read and re read it..the most painful part in that its a true tale...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even I haven't been able to read it again.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. IT VAS THE 1ST BOOK VICH I READ FROM 1st TO THE END.........
    IT WAS THE BOOK & MY LOVER WHO 4CED ME TO DO SO BUT @ END I CRIED THE FIRST TIME WHILE RAEDNG THE BOOK......
    I DIDN'T EVEN CRIED WHILE WATCHING ANY PAINFUL LOVE MOVIES......
    & I JUST WANT TO WISH RAVINDER SINGH "ALL D BEST".......

    ReplyDelete