From The Bard's Pen

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

- Hamlet

Thursday, February 12, 2009

POXED!!!!

Poxed Indeed!!
Well recovering from Chicken Pox I never thought taking life easy could be such a pain in the *&^% . Having your meals served in bed... meals meaning boiled food devoid of spices... just plain, boiled veggies... yuckkk.. and me just craves for a good dose of Chicken Biryani.. sigh!! I have been catching up on my reading and how!!! Every single book that had been bought from book fairs and Darya Ganj and that were piling up everywhere..I devoured them.. Agatha Christies, fat historical romances, Princess Diaries part X, Almost Single, another book by Cecilia Ahern, a victorian romance, In Memoriam by Tennyson, fragments of ghazals by Faiz, and my own Juvenilia.... phew!! hard work indeed..

The first thing a friend did after being told that I have Chicken Pox was sending me an sms saying......"O you poor thing!! you will spend the valentine in bed!!" AS IF!! Honestly its good to have an excuse to not go out of home.. not having to justify your single status to people who stare disbelievingly at you.. not having to explain the reasons behind your heartbreaking poetry.. :P. AND I SUCK AT LYING!!!!! boo hoo hoo..... i wanna go out and celebrate.. well usually every year its me and my best buddy Ranjana who go out together and just roam around, shop or just eat. Its fun having a plan atleast for the day... buying gifts for ourselves, gorging on hot chocolate fudge or just chilling out in CCD.... sitting in Central Park, browsing at the book stores or libraries is our idea of celebration.. we do things that make us happy... sounds like the sensible thing to do.. WHICH I WILL NOT BE DOING THIS YEAR!! :(
I will be online I guess.... reading poems, surfing sites, reading ebooks, chatting.... celebrating my Spotted Valentine..!!

2 comments: